People think that “if water spilled on my mac, what can I do?”. Don’t worry. I will give some tips for preventing your Mac from spilling water, juice, tea and coffee.
When water spilled on your Mac
- Shut down the computer immediately
- Unplug the power cord (if you plug it)
- Turn your Mac upside down.
- Try to remove your battery.
- Make it dry by using a cotton cloth.
- Bring it to your nearest Apple store.
- Don’t use it for few hours.
You can buy a new keyboard from Apple store for $129 and get a new cover.
- Don’t shake your computer. Water will spread around the computer.
- Don’t use a hairdryer. Because it will damage some components.
- Don’t put it into rice. The rice dust sticks to mac components. That may not work well.
How to save your Mac before water is spilled on?
- Don’t drink water or juice near your laptop.
- Don’t allow anyone use your laptop.
- Use a wireless keyboard. If you spill the water on this keyboard, don’t worry. Because Wireless keyboard is less cost than your MacBook Pro or Air.